- Be aware of motorcycle traffic. Often people cannot see motorcycles because of blind spots in their car. Be extra cautious of this when driving, especially when changing lanes.
- Motorcyclists are reminded that Maryland law requires motorcyclists to wear a helmet while operating or riding on a public roadway. Motorcycles must also have a windscreen in place or the operator must wear an approved eye-protective device.
- Driving any vehicle under the influence of alcohol poses a serious danger to the driver and others nearby and will not be tolerated by Ocean City officers.
- When traveling by foot, always use crosswalks when crossing city streets. Drivers are strongly encouraged to be extremely vigilant while driving and be aware of all pedestrians, bicycles and scooters.
- If you see any criminal activity including racing or dangerous driving, attempt to safely get a good description of the vehicle and person and contact police at 410-723-6600.
In hopes of a safe and successful OC BikeFest event, the Ocean City Police Department reminds all drivers and motorcyclists to share in the responsibility of keeping all drivers safe and do your part by safely sharing the road.