Citizens should be reminded that:
- If you are drinking alcohol, use a designated driver. There are many options available to citizens including the municipal bus and the many local taxi companies.
- Walk Smart! If you are crossing the street, use a marked crosswalk and cross only when the signal indicates that it is safe to do so.
- Do not text while driving. Stay alert and focused on the road and expect heavy traffic for the holiday weekend.
- Keep your feet in the sand until the lifeguard’s in the stand! Check in with the lifeguard near you and ask about current conditions.
- Be courteous to your neighbor and keep the noise down. There is a 50-foot rule when it comes to noise in Ocean City. Those that can be heard from 50 feet away, run the risk of violating our noise ordinance.
- Always lock door of your home/hotel and vehicle! The number one cause for theft is leaving doors and windows unlocked.
- Before heading to the beach, leave your valuables in a safe place. Never leave your belongings unattended at the beach, including when you take a quick swim in the ocean.
- If you see suspicious or illegal activity, never hesitate to call OCPD at 410-723-6610.